Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Art and Books, Paradise Found

 During Hurricane Matthew, Hap and I were on the safe side of the state, on Anna Maria Island. We were helping my sister and niece renovate their new bookstore space, which will have not only books, but art and plants.
 Hap painted walls while I did murals in the Children's Section.
 This is my idea of fun.
 Remember Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein?
 Harold and the Magic Crayon and the Little Engine That Could?
 And everyone knows these two...
I put a little door right by the front door for the mouse in If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.

Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...