Saturday, June 12, 2010

Today's Breakfast Painting


Whew!  Nothing fast nor simple about today's breakfast painting...I think I finished it at about 4 pm...still see a few things it needs but hey, it met the daily deadline.  And, truth be known, when I finally declared it done, the peaches did not look as appetizing as they did at 7:30 in the morn.  Good thing I opted to sneak in a little cereal.

The morning light on the deck here is wonderful and makes nice shadows...I remembered to take a photo as there was no way the rising sun was going to sit still for me while I struggled with the colors of the peaches.  This was actually fun to paint once I forgot that they were peaches and just concentrated on (all together now:) "shapes."  Kinda slipped into a trance...

So here's the photo of the day...sans the "extra touches."  Remember, this is all about doing four in a row...since I laid awake last night worried about what I might gather up that qualified as breakfast for today, I have already made my decision for tomorrow: cheesecake!  Not your mamma's breakfast I know but I have a fun piece to paint and maybe if I eat a corner after it is painted it can then qualify as my morning meal.

So enjoy....if tomorrow goes well I might decide to make it five out of five!!  Still haven't done the cereal...
Cheers,
Cindy
p.s. they are getting bigger: this is 8 x 8

4 comments:

  1. Happy to see you getting in the spirit of blogging, Cindy. It is such a natural for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, this is a gorgeous painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one Cindy. I was derailed when David's brother came and we ate "our subject". Your colors are wonderful, keep it up.
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, ladies....still working on it!!

    ReplyDelete

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...