Thursday, March 10, 2011

Back to oils and loving it

Last Monday was a back to oils day for me. It has been a long time since I have done anything "serious" and I felt it was time. I decided to do a marsh scene because I just love marshes. They have such subtle colors and there is so much going on in them then you first realize. Each season brings it own special colors and beauty to a marsh. This photo was taken in the fall when the colors of the marsh are fading and the trees behind them are reaching their peak.
Kathy took this snapshot which shows the photo I am painting from and my painting about 3/4 of the way done. The photo is a panaramic view so I used an elongated canvas to try and get as much of the photo onto the canvas as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...