Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Plein Air Painting at Gleason Park







On Monday, almost all of the Pieces of 8 gathered at Gleason Park in Indian Harbor Beach for a morning of Plein Air painting. The weather was beautiful and the park ended up being a busy but peaceful place to paint. We were surrounded by ibis, ducks, sea gulls, even a lovely heron and a large snapping turtle. People were jogging, walking dogs, pushing strollers and in general really enjoying this beautiful setting.

At first we each looked around for a nice view and a shady spot to set up. Carmen chose a mottled path, Mary took possession of a gazebo where two white ducks were kind enough to pose, Cindy, Phillis and Denette took up positions around the lake. I walked around with my camera. Plein Air is a challenge but we all enjoyed the day and plan to do it again soon.

I'll leave it to individuals to post their final works.

2 comments:

  1. It's great to have our photographer back making us look sooo good and sooo artsy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look like you are enjoying yourselves so much. I wish I could have joined you! Great photographs!

    ReplyDelete

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...