Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Walkin' in Memphis

We just returned from Memphis, where we had a great time with our family. We went downtown to Beale Street, visited Sun Studio where Elvis did his first recording, and ate at Gus's Fried Chicken. I recorded it all in my sketch journal.
Elvis Statue, Beale Street
Gus's Fried Chicken
We also went to the Natchez Trace Parkway, which we really love. What a beautiful drive that is, very scenic and peaceful. It goes from Nashville to Natchez.
Natchez Trace Parkway
This is my small oil painting of the Natchez Trace. See the traffic? That's one reason I like it.
Posted by Carmen Beecher

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...