Sunday, June 30, 2013

Still Learning Adobe Creative Suite 6 when along comes CC!


by Kathy Garvey

Last year I made a leap from my Creative Suite CS3 to the wonderful CS6. I only really use Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat. But, the online suite for $29.99 a month gave me access to everything else Adobe I could possibly want.

Thing is, here it is almost a year later and I'm still studying and learning my four chosen tools. And, yes, now Adobe has come out with "CC" which is the planned future for their suite of tools - you sign up, they keep upgrading, you keep getting the latest and greatest.

They're already great. I can hardly stand it! I'm still trying to use all the cool things in CS6 and now I have so much more! The good news is that for over a year I've had the fear that my monthly fee would go up drastically when my year was up. Not so. With CC, since I already have CS6, I only have to pay $20 a month. An actual reduction. Who says big companies don't have a heart!

I haven't gone to CC yet, I'm waiting for the forums to calm down a bit. A few people are having problems with some of the features not working as expected. In the meantime, I'm having fun with CS6. (And watching a lot of free tutorials on all the new stuff. If you haven't ever gone to "CreativeLive" check it out.) Attached are just a few of my week's CS6 Illustrator and Photoshop efforts. If you're in the Melbourne area and ever want to get together and talk Adobe Creative Suite, let me know. I'm thinking a User's Group would be a nice thing to start up again. We used to have one in the area.


1 comment:

  1. Kathy you have the talent and patience of a saint. It is wonderful that you are always learning and never get tired of exploring.

    ReplyDelete

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...