Friday, August 30, 2013

Amish laundry

Going to Amish country was like going back in time in many ways. One of the things that really brought a smile to my face and the smell of clean, slightly damp clothes to my nostrils was seeing laundry hanging on the line. I have not smelled that smell for more years than I can count and yet as soon as I saw a clothesline full of clean clothes my olfactory light bulb lit up like a Christmas tree. They say that smell is the best inducer of a memory and I believe it.
I took several shot of hanging laundry and did this painting at group yesterday. I have done several paintings like this in the past and for some reason I really enjoy it. I hope you do.

Donna Vines





Amish Laundry
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...