Friday, September 6, 2013

City Girl, 9x12 Oil Painting by Carmen Beecher

I was Riding the Ducks when I spotted this young girl, striding with great purpose down the sidewalk in Seattle. I love the whole scene: the perky girl, the hanging plant, the reflection in the door. Too bad you couldn't see the Duck. Oh, perhaps I should explain. The Ducks are amphibious landing vehicles from World War II, and they have been redone for the enjoyment of tourists.
We got on board in the city, went a few blocks and over a bridge to the water and promptly drove in. It was a hoot. Our guide and driver, Flip Dover, was absolutely hilarious--both educational and entertaining.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...