Friday, September 27, 2013

Dragonflower, 20x20 Oil Painting by Carmen Beecher

I have posted so many small paintings in my blog and my Etsy shop, and I suddenly got the urge to paint something big and flowery. I have taken lots of pictures of my Cereus blooms, which are supposed to ultimately become Dragonfruit, but mine fall short of that achievement.

I like the glow of light coming through the flowers. I got the background by mixing Pthalo Green and Alizarin Crimson, and I like the intensity of that, but I seem to wear Pthalo Green for days. It seems to have mysterious properties enabling it to jump all over me and my clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...