Friday, July 4, 2014

Experiment I

I have been experimenting again with abstracts.  I found a wonderful workbook at the Library called The Artist Unique: Discovering Your Creative Signature by  Carmen Torbus.  I liked it so much that I check Amazon to see if I could buy a used copy and they had it for free if you have a Kindle!! That is a great deal.  Happily I did upload it. 
This is one of the exercises from the workbook.  I used gesso, gel, texturing tools
(aka a plastic fork and credit card), some old sheet music and acrylic paints.  Once I collaged the sheet music on I decided to stick with black and white.  The enjoyment of this piece is seeing how the paint reacts to the surface.  It run, puddles and settles in all the nooks and crannies.  This was a fun exercise that made me want to try again with different textures and colors.
Donna Vines

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...