Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Barn Painting | Daily Painting | Small Oil Painting | Georgia O'Keeffe | Georgia's Barn by Carol Schiff | 6x8" Oil

There is something special about this barn painting.  This small oil painting is my attempt to duplicate one of Georgia O'Keeffe's barn series.  I was unaware the she had a barn series, until my painting group, Pieces of Eight, spent a day studying her art and trying to duplicate it.

purchase here
95 + shipping

Duplicating the art of a master is an acceptable learning practice as long as the original artist is given credit, which I have done by signing this work as "after O'Keeffe".  It is why you see so many art students sketching in museums.

To be honest, I chose this work because it was such a simple, flat little piece.  The thought of giving her flowers or skulls a try did not appeal to me.

The more I worked on this little piece, the more I began to enjoy it and see it's charm.  I ended the day very happy with my choice.

Thanks for viewing my blog today.



www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...