Monday, October 20, 2014

The Wheels are Turning

I not only enjoy painting in oils but I am also fascinated by all kinds of mediums.  I love the idea of bringing familiar shapes to unexpected places.  Sometimes the simplest everyday object can take on new meaning when placed somewhere unusual.
Here is a little taste of that very thing.
This piece was made with watch workings placed on a gessoed background and sprayed.  I also added some wording just to make it more intriguing.
I was inspired by a Steam Punk show I had been to that had lots of wonderful metal contraptions ala H.G. Wells.

Donna Vines

Wheels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...