Thursday, August 6, 2015

Little Pieces

Today we only had two of the Pieces in attendance, Donna and Mary. It was sooo quiet but both Mary and myself got a lot done, we were very happy at the end of the day.
I was working in oils. I did a marsh scene with a big sky.  I am practicing my skies and really trying to work on values and getting my under painting right.  As you can see I started off with my darks then went to my lightest lights.  I did not quite finish the painting but I got a lot more than done than usual.
Mary was working in watercolors on a large, complicated piece with lots of activity and reflections.  As you can see she made some real progress.





 
 


 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...