Monday, December 28, 2015

Repose, 20x24 Oil on Canvas, after John Singer Sargent


Not For Sale

There are few paintings of mine that I won't sell, but this is one. I always loved this piece by John Singer Sargent, and I copied it in worshipful awe of his skills. 

Christmas was eventful and I was sick. I didn't realize I was allergic to our tree. When it dawned on me that might be a possibility I looked it up and the Christmas Tree Association has warnings, saying you should wash your tree before bringing it inside. We tossed it after everyone went home, then left the next day for Anna Maria Island, and I had a quick recovery--so much so that I was playing baseball by late afternoon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...