Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Purple Time, 8x10 Oil on Canvas Panel, Floral Painting


Buy on Etsy

I got this wonderful bouquet for Mother's Day and I deconstructed it to make it interesting to paint. It also made it much more difficult. My previous painting was the same way, with many pieces and parts, so I need to snap out of it and simplify the next one. Of course, with flowers, your subject has a short life so you must act quickly and decisively. 

I put my bouquet back together when I was done and I thank it for its service. It is really beautiful and I'm loving all that purple. 

Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...