Saturday, November 5, 2016

Italian Girl With Flowers, 11x14 Oil on Canvas, after Sorolla by Carmen Beecher



Sold

I've had no time for painting this week, so I am posting a throwback to 2008, when our painting group, Pieces of Eight, decided to copy Impressionist masters as a learning exercise. I love Sorolla, so I copied one of my favorites, with the above result. Below is the original by Sorolla.


I also copied John Singer Sargent, the master portrait artist. The best thing I've ever done is team up with seven women with the same passion for painting that I have. It has been such an enriching experience in so many ways, and I have learned so much.

I'm working on a huge project that is going to take months, and I'll tell you all about it when it's done.

Carmen

1 comment:

  1. This is such a lovely, beautiful painting Carmen. I also love your Sargeant.

    ReplyDelete

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...