Friday, June 2, 2017

Reflections on Moroccan Mint

It didn't take long for us to fully embrace the custom
of hot Moroccan mint tea.  Served in a metal tea pot
and drunk consistently in glasses, it was offered everywhere:
during sales of goods, after dinner, mid-morning and late
afternoon.  It was almost too sweet for my palate
but always served with sweeping arm motions (which made 
the pour long and arcing) that always made it
into a visual ritual of celebration.


I began to call this painting a jig saw puzzle


I would find myself lost in the color blocks, duplicating shapes without regard to
what they were....it became a very zen painting experience, slow and methodical


the strain was not to rush into the "fun" highlights too soon,
nor give in to the urge to use the real "gold" paint too early.


Moroccan Mint, 12 x 12, oil on board
black frame
@CMichaud

Zen Fully Yours,
Cindy
p.s. just for fun, see if you can find at least 3 people in this piece, any luck?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...