Saturday, June 17, 2017

WOW



WOW is the World of Wearable Art completion that is held in New Zealand every year.  It is such a fantastic, imaginative show.  Everything has to be wearable no matter what materials they use. I was lucky enough to be able to see the traveling museum show at the Peabody Essex Museum in Salem, MA.
I saw costumes made of plastic, wool, wood, metals and so many other things.  I just loved it.  You can view some of the costumes online and keep an eye out the new show is in September.  They always have videos to watch.  Just google wearable art or WOW.
Here are a few of the spectacular costumes designed and made by these amazing artists.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...