Tuesday, October 31, 2017

As artists, we experiment all the time when we create. If you are reading this, you, as a creative person, try new things as well. I love experimenting with new and different media. Just remember the fun of it isn't trying to create the next big masterpiece. It's to have fun, stretch where you might not have gone before, and try to improve on your craft.

This fish was an experiment with the Elegant Writer, normally used as a lettering pen. 
My friend and fellow artist, Kathy Garvey enlightened me on how they work.
Draw it, wet it, then spray with water and the pigment becomes more permanent. Wow! It achieves a certain inky look and the color you see comes from the pen.

Jean Thomas
Ozworks22@cfl.rr.com

2 comments:

Ballard Park, Original Oil on Canvas

  I had not painted outside in two years, so this was quite a challenge. It was one of those paintings I had to improve upon in the studio. ...